TUM – TUM – TUM – Menü
  • Student Card

    Not only can you identify yourself with this card during exams, it can also do much more:

    Payment method

    Your student card is also your cafeteria card, pocket money for dispensers, and your printing contingent. You can load money onto the cards using the machines in the cafeteria, the StuCafé, and the library.


    Your card gives you permission to use the public transportation of the MVV in Munich. The base pay allows the usage from 18:00 o'clock in the evening to 6:00 o'clock in the morning, as well as all day on holidays and during the weekends.  

    EIKON Computer Labs

    If you want to use your ID card as key for the Computer Labs, register it here using your LRZ-identification. Under the bulletin "Managementinterface", enter the C-number of your card (located above the MVV logo). Attention: Should you lose your card and receive a replacement, you should enter your new card number.

    Library card

    The barcode on the back of your card is your library ID. Should you wish to preorder books online, you can do so on university library's main page. Your login is the barcode number and the standard password is your birth date (format: TTMM)


    The card needs to be validated at the beginning of every new term. This is only possible after the 01.10 (winter term) or the 01.04 (summer term). Also, the university must have received the payment for the new semester already. The validation can be done on either of the machines in the "Immatrikulationshalle" near the Student-ServiceCenter.

    Getting your student card

    Are you already enrolled?

    A week after receiving your letter of enrollment, you can pick up your StudentCard at the Student-ServiceCenter (Arcisstr. 21, Raum 0140). The opening hours are Mo-Fr from 9:00 to 12:00 o'clock, and Mondays and Thursdays additionally from 13:00 to 16:00.
    Please bring a valid photo ID!

    Your StudentCard can now be used as student ID, library card, access card, as well as cafeteria card.

    More information can be found here.